RE: Practice, rehearse, perform

The first statement is false.

Practice increases the quality and complexity of performance toward the
asymptotally approachable but never-achievable perfection we visualize-
though never clearly- as the ideal of that which we are practicing.

Practice can guarantee no contact with perfection.  But it allows us to
simulate perfection to a higher degree, until we find ourselves lost enough
in the experience, itself, to have little desire left for perfection- we
discover, perhaps- our own style- and how our own style is, in itself, the
perfection that we initially sought.  We find ourselves surprised- oh my
God- perfection is here, where I stop, and free myself within the realm of
the learning and the manifesting simultaneously... ???  Perhaps...

Practice feeds the ego, kills the ego, gives birth to humility again and
again...

Balance appears on the horizon... then inspiration- then - then...

We find ourselves playing for perfection or playing for time...  We look
back toward the perfect... we see it again as something separate from us...
we still want to know it- better perhaps- this this- just better

So we say "practice makes perfect" because we understand that believe the
lie fuels the promise of transcendence toward the lie- and we make get to
some perfection we saw as a child- maybe- after we've forgotten what it was
, after we have redirected ourselves toward a perfection that suddenly, is
grander than it was before...

What was the perfection practice was going to let us find?  When we began
practice, to make perfect, was it the same goal- as that which he will say
we have "now" - after practicing?