Re: Practice, rehearse, perform, SACDs

> I suspect that doing a blanket-application of the term "poser", much less
> "non-musician" is effete at best, and limited by self-definition.

i had to look up "effete" and i still don't understand.
i'm guessing you mean the words "poser" and "non-musician" when used
are better understood to describe the user?

i am usually annoyed when people use these words, even in the case
of the rockstar pose.  i'm guessing my point wasn't clear (wouldn't be the
first time)

> Do your own show any way you like Jim, but it's much more gracious to
>just
> say "It's not my style", or "I don't prefer it".

this is exactly my point.  people often talk about adding visuals like it
is a necessary thing for musicians. they should maybe take your advice
instead.

> I can only assume you're attempting parody here.  Has the above been
>done in
> the past 10 years, in any event?  Sounds like you're in LA.  It's so
>easy to
> assume the rest of the world is like LA, when you're in the area for an
> extended period of time.  What IS "adding theater", anyway?  I think
>it's a
> lot more than just striking a pose and hoping people will look at you, to
> slightly paraphrase Laurie Anderson...

why is that not theater?
you might argue that it is not "good theater" but then we are just back to
your earlier point: >"It's not my style", or "I don't prefer it".

you seem to be condradicting yourself here: you don't like the term
"poser" but you still seem to have distain for the people who are
often a target of that term.

> When broadband becomes the norm, it won't just be our music that becomes
> available on the Internet, but also, should we choose to make them, video
> works.  I've got one very close to finished right now, actually.  Does
>that
> make me a poser?  Or somehow less than an Artist?

i'm not saying that. i'm saying it has nothing to do with the music.
artful music videos are great.  but they are not part of the music.
take the video away, play the audio, and the music remains.
if the music is no good without the video, then it is no good with it
either.

what is artful?  artist? Artist? we'll never be able to clearly define
that one...

i've babbled enough.
bbbblblblblbllllbblblblbl...