Re: Practice, rehearse, perform

There's not doubt that for me practice is about getting skilled enough
to play what I hear in my head.  On the other hand, I totally respect
someone like Beck, who while skilled, can go to grunge mode in a
heartbeat.  It largely depends on what you're trying to say.  If you're
talking about the heart of the sunrise, you probably should brush up on
your scales.  If you're talking about doing nitros in the cab of your
pickup, a bit of sloppyness is in order.

On loop practice, I feel that it's nearly as important to be dear to
your gear.  I took out the Repeater when I first got it and the show
didn't feel very good.  Now, it's like second nature to me.  I don't
have to think about it.  I can concentrate on playing.

Mark Sottilaro