RE: SV: Practice, rehearse, perform

I need to unsubscribe now.  A lot of you are sickos.  Caligula style.  How
do I unsubscribe?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bret [mailto:echoplex@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 10:15 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: SV: Practice, rehearse, perform

Practice makes actions repeatable.  If you practice a method or manner
that is not 'perfect', you do not create 'perfection'.  Instead, you
ingrain repeatability in that less than optimal method or manner. This
has been noted on the theremin players list, levnet, where someone
repeatedly practices an inferior approach to vibrato, or hand
positioning.  They ingrain the inferior methodologies (these become
repeatable), which interferes with learning a more effective method
(i.e proper vibrato, or ariel fingering) after they realize they have
reached the end of the road (not able to improve performance further)
with the imperfect practiced method.
Perfect practice makes perfect repetition, which could be called
'skill'.
bret