off topic : carvin pick up wiring instructions...

Sorry to bother you all, and please, if anyone can help, do it privately...

I am happy to have now two Holdsworth Humbucker thanks to the list in
general, and thanks to Kevin in particular.

Except I have trouble with the meaning of the english instructions
online on Carvin site.
Pick ups come with three wire (red black white) and a ground.

they say "white is used if you want coil swithching, otherwise you don't
need it, tape the white wire back.
connect the red wire to hot and the black one to ground".

That ought to be pretty straightforward.
Except  that i don't have a clue of what "tape the white wire back" can
possibly mean.
I don't get it.
if it was a 4 wire + ground pick I would understand, but three...
Don't know what to do with this wire...
Connect it with black and ground? Weird...

Thanks you for anyone who could help me out of this manual that is ahead
my poor head....

Olivier malhomme