Re: I'm really sorry...

Live does indeed send MIDI Clock, and it works very accurately here as well. It is also possible to record into "clips" from a live input and trigger them from a MIDI footpedal such as the Behringher. These can include VST effects etc, which are also MIDI controllable. With a decent soundcard that has good ASIO drivers, I use a Mixtreme here, it's as "live" as any hardware setup I've used.

It's not ideal just yet, it's first incarnation was mainly aimed at DJ type looping\triggering, but Ableton have taken onboard a number of ideas for the upcoming v2 upgrade. It's neat though and can indeed be used for live looping of a signal. I'm using it in tandem with multiple instances of the new PSP84 plugin, basically a super PCM42 clone, which can sync to bats\bars and has some nice filtering\mangling and feedback options.

Link