Re: Intro to Electronic Music

> --- alex millar wrote:
> > what is the great music that I should listen to?

Tim Nelson replied:
> 1) "OHM: the early gurus of electronic music
> 1948-1980" (CD3670) is a three CD set that comes with
> a 96 page book.
> 2) "Orbitones, Spoon Harps & Bellowphones" (CD3610)
> 3) "Gravikords, Whirlies & Pyrophones" (CD3630) each
> consist of a CD and a 96 page book about experimental
> musical instruments.

then Jukka seconded:
> I have listened number 1 and 3 both very good..

and just to be Devil's Advocate I'll put in my two cents:

Tim's recommendations #2 and 3 are both excellent compilations featuring
extremely innovative, creative instrument builders and performers.  They're
not exclusively *electronic* but they are very much worth seeking out.  I
would also echo previous recommendations for the music of Brian Eno,
especially his classic "Another Green World" and the more loop-centered "No
Pussyfooting" and "Evening Star," both collaborations with Robert Fripp.