Electronic music (was Re: Is there a moderator here?)

I think I disagree with you Richard.  Not that I think your list isn't
great, I just think it's important to start with people that are more
current (I should have also listed Boards of Canada and Radiohead, then
Kraftwork and so on...) and relevant to what's happening today.  Then you
tried to go to the root of things without an understanding of what's
happening, I find myself having a difficult time getting a fix
sometimes.  This happened to me with Indian Music.  It didn't resonate
with me at first.  I then started getting dribs and drabs translated via
George Harrison and other pop artists.  The sound intrigued me, so then I
went to the source and it made sense because I had some "bridge" between
my culture's music and traditional Indian music.

I'm not saying everyone's the same, but when digging, you start at the
top of the hole, not the bottom.  Of course, this analogy may make no
sense at all.  It's all good.

Mark Sottilaro