Re: pioneers of electronic music

Someone who blows my mind and who I think of as a not often mentioned "looper" is Raymond Scott. The guy was designing hardware from such things as telephone relays and constructing rythmic and melodic loops going back to the 40's.

Most people only ever cite a few tunes he did that happened to get used in cartoons, not that he was happy about this, or maybe his jazz successes in the 30's. Sooting sounds for babies are amazing collections of ideas for their time (early 60's). Even from the title you kind of get the hint that Eno may have heard them huh?

if you're not up on the guy, check out this genius on www.raymondscott.com

Link