RE: FCB1010 and Repeater, together again

Title: RE: FCB1010 and Repeater, together again

>>>Huh.  I would definitely re install the OS.  Unless you're developing
cracks in
solder connections or circuit boards, or dirty switches, you could just
have a
corrupted OS.  Try it.  Couldn't hurt.  My units have hardly ever
crashed.

Greg House wrote:

> --- Kevin Cheli-Colando <kevin@minds-eye.org> wrote:
> >   I've had a few strange things happen since my Repeater and the FCB
> > started talking to each other. While I haven't encountered the
problem
> > you've described, I have had the Repeater freeze up with regards to
> > certain midi commands.
>
> Interestingly enough, I've had this happend even without the midi
controller,
> just using the 3 button footswitch. It started responding strangely to
commands,
> started giving me "CFC Slow" errors (when recording to internal RAM!)
and then
> finally crashed and restarted.<<<

I don't think it's the repeater's OS that's corrupted, unless it's inherently so (i.e buggy). I have the same thing- "cfc slow" while using the ram, and also this double tempo thing (qv) while clocking the thing over midi. I've tried to be careful about the midi layout but there could be some weirdness getting into the repeater that isn't documented, so I'm going to try the thing standalone for a bit, with my new fender VI bass.... I also had a total lockout (during chuck's radio show in PA on saturday) with three tracks running and the fourth in reverse-record; had to pull the power cable. maybe they don't fly well.

using 3-button box, not my fcb yet. still thinking about modifying a pc1600 into a pedalboard instead.

d/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe