Re: A REQUEST TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE WHEN THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD CHANGES SIGNIFICANTLY

At 09:27 PM 11/18/2002, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:
>Lately long threads have been going on where someone radically changes the
>subject of the thread but fails to change the thread title.  Also, in the
>daily
>digest, the thread title sometimes continues but when I
>open it up it has I see that it has been changed.

>In todays' digest, for example, their is a post from David Auker about
>slow
>CFC messages on teh Repeater titled   "Re: Repeater Quirks? (was: Re: Not
>Underestimating an Audi...)"

>whereas when I read the title in the digest, the title says,
>"NOT UNDERESTIMATING AN AUDIENCE...."

>Is there any way that the digest can reflect the accuracy of the thread?

Hi Rick-
I don't understand the problem you are having. As far as I can tell the
subjects of the individual posts are appearing in the digest contents
exactly as they are in the posts. And in the individual posts the subject
line is left intact. I check the digest in one mail client that just shows
it as plain text, and another that takes advantage of the MIME encoding to
make it easy to sort and jump to individual posts. In the MIME version,
the
subjects are also appearing just fine, and match the original post. This
includes the specific post you mention, but I checked others.

So I think this must be a problem on your end. Perhaps something to do
with
your mail program or how you have it configured.

kim