Re: A REQUEST TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE WHEN THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD CHANGES SIGNIFICANTLY

At 12:52 PM 11/19/2002, Greg House wrote:
>Kim wrote:
> > I don't understand the problem you are having. As far as I can tell the
> > subjects of the individual posts are appearing in the digest contents
> > exactly as they are in the posts. And in the individual posts the
>subject
> > line is left intact.
>
>Yes. That's what he's complaining about. People are changing the subject
>in the
>text of the message without changing the subject line of the post. It's
>not the
>list server, it's us. We reply to a message and then write something that
>doesn't
>follow the subject line we left on there from the previous message,
>thereby
>invalidating any threading potential based on the subject.

No no, I understood that problem fine. Rick was describing two issues.
That
one plus a technical problem where the poster DOES change the subject, yet
for some reason Rick sees the old subject anyway. Notice how in my mail I
edited out all the stuff related to people who don't change the subject,
and left in just the stuff related to the technical thing? I thought that
would make it clear what I was replying to....

(that's another skill some of you need to work on, editing the original
post to just the related points, instead of recopying the whole damn thing
to write two lines on the top....what a waste of bandwidth that is.)

kim