Visual Graphics - Playstation 1

Is anyone familiar with the graphics generated from a SonyŽ PS1 when it
plays
an audio CD.  If not, here is the plot, By playing an audio CD and the PS1
generates great visual effects onto the TV screen, based on the
frequencies
of the music. Similar to an MP3 plug-in.

The limitation is that the effects are dependent to the PS1's CD
playback-the
PS1 does not have an audio input jack.

My question is, can we adapt a $50 playstation with a stereo input jack so
it
hears our music and generates these graphics during our live shows.

Todd Quincy