Re: digitech rds triggering solutions? | midi to cv converters? |help!

Hi Adam,

long time ago I had a RDS 7.6 and ( as far as I remember ) it *did* sync to the output of a metronome, if that might help ...
what I also did was, using the LED of the RDS as a metronome ( the other way round, sotosay )
You know, it blinks 8 times a circle.
I installed a 1/4 jack and connected the two poles of the LED to it in parallell.
so, with headphones connected to the jack, I would hear 8 knacks per cycle.
Worked quite well, but I never tried to trigger other machines with this signal ...

cheers

Leander

hello.

I've searched everywhere for an answer to this Digitech RDS setup question.
I have an alesis SR-16 midi drum machine which I would like to use to
sync/trigger the following loopers:

(3) Digitech RDS 8000 delay/samplers
(2) Digitech RDS 7.6 delay/samplers
(1) Digitech PDS 8000 delay/sampler

from what i understand the devices use a +5volt input to trigger/sync. is
there a" midi to a +5 volt pulse" converter that can read midi info from my
Alesis SR-16.

Let me know if you know of any product/products that can tackle these
duties. I'd love to have 6-8 triggers for expansion and flexibilty. I'm also
curious to know what the rest of you are using to trigger these older RDS
devices with? any suggestions? pitfalls? triumphs?

For my live thing I would like some devices triggered at an 16 count, some
at 8 counts, and some at 4 count.

thanks

adam