Stuart falls in love with the REPEATER

Hey Stuart, that's soooo cool.

Despite some quirks and glitches I also love my Repeater.

You compared it to the EDP and I wanted to say in the EDP's defense
(and I am just learning about his wonderful instrument):

the two units do really different things.    I wish you could have seen
the awesome demonstration that Andre La Fosse did with his EDP (and the
awesome
demo that Bill Walker did with his REPEATER) at the Y2K2 Loopfestival this
summer.

The best way I can describe the differences between the two equally cool
boxes
is that the REPEATER is like Western Harmony with four mono or two
stereo/tuneable loops being equivalent to harmonic polyphony.

The EDP (and please forgive me adept ones: I"m a brand newbie with this
instrument)
is more like how the Indians have taken modal single lines to the furthest
reaches of
creativity.

The EDP and the brilliant LOOP 4 software allows for incredible editing of
individual
mono loops to a degree rivaled by NO OTHER LOOPER ON THE MARKET.

Andre  created loops, replaced them, then triggered them from an old Roland
drum machine.

He also used one function that has me fascinated:   quantize
replace.......where he started out with a quirky and jagged loop that was,
nonetheless had a chordal/tonal center and then replaced individual
quantized 8th note sections of it until the loop sounded like a really
funky
but abstract ostinato line.

What was so hip was that it seemed like the closer he got to replacing all
of the loops
the more abstract the loop got (yet still tonally center) until all of a
sudden
at the last instant, it became this very, very hip funky 8th note loop.

It was all I had to restrain myself not to jump on stage, grab a mic and
start beat-boxing
to what he was doing.........very, very cool.

He also did some cool 'jungle-esque' tricks like recording several short
loops and then
retriggering them in different orders from the drum pads of his old defunct
Roland drum machine.

I was amazed at how fluid and 'not canned' the whole thing was.   He is my
guru now.......LOL.

I guess what I am saying, Stuart is,  keep saving your money!!! Someone as
creative as
you should own both of these stellar boxes because they do equally hip, but
very different
things to looping music.

yours,   Rick Walker (loop.pool)