Re: Should ambient music be performed live?

Hi again,

I agree with James that the atmosphere of an ambient gig is very important. I found for me, that performing at exhibitions, planetariums and chill lounges works better than on raves. But I *do* think that ambient music should be performed live as well as any other. A live performance is and will always be something special, a different feel for both the player and the audience, other than music running from CD.
I admit that I had one or the other jealous thought about DJs, too ... until I worked with one and found out, it's an art in itself what they do. But DJs success will never stop me from being a perfoming artist.

Nevertheless, after more than 20 years of gigging and schlepping I'd say: If I could do what I do with only one guitar and a laptop, I would ...

Leander