Re: Should ambient music be performed live?

> Would you get the same satisfaction going and listening to your cd
> play?

The moment that you start playing with pre-recorded material, you start
to limit the enormous freedom that looping provides. I did a set a year
or so ago with an electronic DJ, and 50% of the backing was
pre-recorded on ProTools. Whilst the audience liked it, I felt
frustrated. It was difficult to produce that audience/performer
telepathic communication thing....

But saying that, do whatever you feel has to be done. If you think that
using  backing CD/tracks will increase the options for your music then
go ahead and do it. Don't impose unnecessary limitations just for the
sake of rules... However, if it is just to give you an easier job for
the same money, then its selling out :)
--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com