Re: -On the idea of playing digital watches and such...

>   -Speaking of digital watches, at a mostly acoustic jam onece, during a
> particularly crazed and dissonant excursion, I was suddenly possessed of
> the idea to play my cell phone.
> . . .

You might enjoy/use something I discovered a few years ago.  I posted it
but
it's been a while so I'll repeat it (naturally)!

Context: My improv group did a performance called "It's for You" featuring
cell phones, answering machines, etc.  We used a bunch of cell phone
donated
by a local Cellular One office.  Typically, we would call each other during
the performance.

Discovery: I noticed that there is quite a delay between speaking into a
cell phone and when the speech comes out the other end.  So I took two cell
phones and called one from the other.  Then I held them head to foot (to
speak politely) so that the earphone of one was aimed at the mic of the
other and vice versa.  Instant looper!.  The sound would recirculate with
acoustic/electronic feedback.  I held the conglomerate up to a mic to put
it
in the PA.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com