RE: Radio Massacre International

Title: RE: Radio Massacre International

>>these guys may be using loops, and I just don't realize it..... Planets On The Wires. This is a GREAT disc!.....<<<

thanks, chris. we do indeed loop, and have done in some form or other since my 10" loops of 1/4", twenty-odd years ago, followed closely by parking two 1/4" decks adjacently in a fripp-stylee without being aware of his use of the technique.

much later we got a powertran mcs-1 (kit-sampler/delay from the early 80s), then a boss half-rack delay/shifter with a freeze input. now we have two jam-mans, two repeaters.... but most of the musical repetition is from analogue sequencers, up to seven patterns running simultaneously and changing/being edited in real-time. the lexicons and electrixes are referred to locally as "freeze boxes" and tend to be used for grabbing chunks of noise, with guitar phrases and keyboard phrases coming second and third on the list.

oddly, there's very little use of the jam-man on "planets", which predates the repeaters; we had to do the guitar parts seperately from the rest for geographical-logistical reasons, so the trusty DL4 is the looping box you can hear. I forgot to put a clock on the m/track and the lousy footswitches you get from lexicon don't lend themselves to tap-tempo too well. besides, the tape-delay on the DL4 is excellent at sounding like a really f*cked copycat with the erase magnet removed, which was the right effect on the day.

yes, I work for mtv-europe. we've been on it, with our original jam-man in full view of the "party zone" cameras....

d/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe