Re: Robert Fripp...

Here's an RF tale that had me howling. It's one of those "a friend of a friend" things but I am assured it's not BS and actually came from the designer of a piece of hardware used in the techno world.

This "friend" was apparently a BIG long time fan of our Bob's work and was using him as the basis of a paper he was putting together while studying, an older student at a guess.

Anyway, he went along to see our man at a LOCG gig here in England and come the end of the show  he enthusiastically went up to RF as he was packing away and tried to have a word with him. The conversation went pretty much along these lines...

"Mr Fripp, I've been a long-time fan of your work. I'm currently doing a paper based on your ideas and views, would it be possible to have a quick chat?"

At which point RF just glared at him and retorted in his west-country accent ...

"F^&K OFF YOU C%^T!!".