Re: [looper's] RE: First Excursions into Frippertronics

At 8:56 PM -0800 11/22/02, Mark Hamburg wrote:

>But can you give anyone other than Fripp credit for really pushing it
>in an essentially commercial, touring form?

The commercial aspect isn't in dispute.

Fripp is both a fine guitarist and a master promoter. He has done the
most to disseminate the compositional use of delay processing and the
idea of musical soundscape, though of course he invented neither.

I'm personally more interested in where ideas came from than in where
they ended up, so I tend to trot out the akademic/historic stuff
whenever the term "Frippertronics" gets bandied about.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com