Re: [looper's] RE: First Excursions into Frippertronics

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Zvonar" <zvonar@zvonar.com>

> From: "Mark Hamburg" <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com>
> >But can you give anyone other than Fripp credit for really pushing
> >it in an essentially commercial, touring form?
>
> At 7:42 AM -0500 11/23/02, David Beardsley wrote:
> >Terry Riley.
>
> Terry was certainly touring with his delay system a decade before
> Fripp, but I'd hesitate to call it "commercial."

He had a few records out on major labels, specifically in
1969 - A Rinbow in Curved Air (CBS Masterworks).
I was only 9 then, but I know classical labels were trying
to get crossover hits even in those days. Switched On Bach
for example.

* David Beardsley
* http://biink.com
* http://mp3.com/davidbeardsley