Configuration help!

Hi amigos,
I am having a hard day somehow today with my PC.I am
trying to extract CD tracks into software like sound
forge,acid or wavelab which iīve done in the past and
i donīt see any of my CD hardware listed under write
drive devices.I tried to burn a CD with wavelab and it
doesnīt seem to find  my sony burner either.Iīve
reinstalled the programs and under device manager the
CD drivers seem to be ok.Where the heck have they
gone?is driving me crazy!
strangely music match seems to find them as well as my
CD burner roxio sofware.
sorry for my off-topic
Thanx!
L.a