The language of signal processing (was "Frippery" or something)

At 7:43 PM -0500 11/26/02, Butch wrote:
>God, is this thread EVER going to die?

Sorry, Butch.

This thread has nothing directly to do with Robert Fripp. It is
specifically about the origins of certain signal processing effects.
It could go in any of several directions, but the most productive
might be to try to identify how certain musical "gestures" entered
our common language, how and when these became part of the technical
tools we use, and how we can avoid sinking into endless and repeating
sonic cliché.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com