Kyma (was: Re: Looper Construction Kit website open!)

--- Stuart Wyatt <loopers-delight@solostring.com> wrote:

> I've just realised that the Kyma system requires a separate hardware
> accelerator... I cannot find out on their site how much all this setup
> costs.....

I did finally find pricing information (in a pdf linked from the FAQ
page). The
basic Kyma system, which includes the software, a PCI interface card for
your
computer, and the Capybara (outboard accellerator) is $3300 US. There are
many
additional options (increasing sample RAM, different interface options,
etc)
which are available at additional cost.

So, a very powerful, highly configurable tool, but at a cost that reflects
the
power available.

Greg