Re: my first bad review/ALBUM inquery

--- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:

> forget about them, and do what you do as well as you can do it.

That's the best way to view it, but it's also pretty hard to do. Music is
something that's so highly personal that if someone's down on your music,
it's
hard not to take it personally.

> Of course there is always the possibility that you suck, and that the
>review
> is doing you a favour, but unless they provide irrefutable proof that
>they
> totally understand what you're doing and still don't like it, you are far
> better of ignoring lazy put-downs like 'mindless guitar wankery', and
> getting on with the business of making music.

My problem with this particular review is that the verbage has a sort of
arrogant
"I know more then you" type tone to it. The reviewer states his opinion as
though
it were absolute fact (which I suppose, for him it is). Therefore, it's
much
easier for me to dismiss this review as being the work of a pompus
know-all.
However, if I was familiar with his other reviews and he had some
credibility in
my eyes, perhaps I might give it more credence.

Greg