Re: my first bad review/ALBUM inquery

> --- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > forget about them, and do what you do as well as you can do it.
>
> That's the best way to view it, but it's also pretty hard to do. Music is
> something that's so highly personal that if someone's down on your music,
it's
> hard not to take it personally.

Absolutely - I didn't say it was easy... :o) ...and it's even harder if
your
sense of worth in what you do comes from having had good reviews... I've
had
some good reviews that annoyed the heck out of me because the things they
found in my music that they liked were things I wished weren't there... :o)

I'm sat here listening to the new Jarrett/DeJohnette/Peacock double live
improv set - clearly a load of mindless piano/bass/drums wankery... ;o)
...or maybe it's godlike genius at work, and sphincter-boy reviewer
wouldn't
know it if it crapped on him from the top of a tall building...  who knows,
who really cares... just be careful who you send your CDs to... :o)

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk