From: <goddard.duncan@mtvne.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: [looper's] mr lawson

> >>I came across Steve when he played solo bass (with looping technology)
on the 21st Century Schizoid Band's recent tour<<

> hmm.. well, much as I like kevin ayers, I have to ask why we had to
>endure
the latter's under-prepared set prior to 21csb's appearance at the royal
festival hall, instead of the former.... I'm guessing that it was a
mass-market get-all-the-ageing-prog-fans-in tactic. ayers' set was a misery
of untuned guitars and (apparently) disinterested pickup-talent who'd just
about learned some of his "hits". still got a great voice though but.

> I for one would've preferred some bass guitar loop action, but then I'm a
bassist (five fenders including a VI, a 4001, a 4003/5.... and a few
keyboards) with a jam-man and two repeaters, so I might be a tad
misadjusted
in this area.....