Re: my first bad review/ALBUM inquery (Steve L.)

> >There are certain people whose take on what I do helps me to
> >see what I'm doing - there's a review of my first album up at
> >www.krimson-news.com in Sid Smith's diary entry at the moment
>
> Well, since you won't post the review yourself so everyone can read it
> without going and hunting for it -- I will (hope you don't mind).
>
>      From Sid Smith at: http://diaries.krimson-news.com/SidSmith.shtml

...Don't mind at all - any other promotional help you care to give,
gratefully received (or you can just join the street team via my site...
:o)

The other two reviews I refered to are linked via the 'interviews and
reviews' page on my site...

There's also an interview with me up at http://www.forevernow.com - it's a
Level 42 site...

I recently had an er, 'interesting' encounter with some guy who posted an
abusive non-review on the guestbook on my site - said he didn't like what I
did at the L42 gig (fair enough), and then said 'if I'd known there wasn't
support act I'd have arrived at 9pm...' - which is clearly just an insult,
not constructive or helpful at all... so I deleted it, and he got all upset
and accused me of censorship.. LOL - like, I'm really obliged to pander to
the loony ramblings of someone I don't know, have never met, have no
connection with beyond him seeing me in concert and not enjoying it... er,
riiiight... It's weird how people feel almost compelled to be personally
abusive about the musician if they don't like the music... very odd
indeed... I've got lots of friends who aren't hugely into what I do (too
far
outside of their frame of reference), and I'm sure there are plenty of
people who enjoy what I do who I wouldn't particularly want to invite to
stay in my house... It's a weird one, the assumed link between music I
don't
like and people I don't like...

I'd put a review that accuses you of 'mindless guitar wankery' in the
insulting and not worth considering category, myself...

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk