Re: [looper's]Looping a gimmick?

Mark,

don't sweat it - looping is bizarrely one of those things that just doesn't
register on some people's radar as an entity in and of itself. You're
either
'like Frisell' or 'doing Frippertronics' or 'making your own backing tapes'
(that's my favourite... ???) or whatever - see it as a chance to evangelise
on behalf of loopists worldwide... you could always direct them to
loopers-delight.com ;o)

some people 'get it' some people don't, some gradually realise... Bottom
line, I'm making music and I hope people dig it, if they don't, I still
do...

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk

>>> I had my first live performance that included looping last night.  It
was with a band heavily influenced by the Chicago post rock scene.   I  was
talking to a fellow afterwards and he said it was like a mix of Bill
Frisell
and the Chicago scene. The thing is, I don't sound anything like Bill
Frisell. Does everyone who loops guitar automatically sound like Bill
Frisell?    I figured the guy was just trying to let me know he was down
with the whole looping thing but it got me thinking.  Does anyone here
have
problem with people thinking looping is a gimmick? Like it's just another
effect pedal that can easily over used.  I've always thought of loopers
more
as their own instruments rather then just an effect pedal. Mark<<<