adrenaLinn for synths

That sounds like a cool device!  My pal Keith would love something like
that, as he
was an early adopter of the Commodore64 for synthesis.

Well, if you've got noise issues, I'd for sure steer clear of the
AdrenaLinn,
because you're going to have to make sure it's output is low, as to not
distort the
AdrenaLinn's input.  That will further hurt your s/n even though the
AdrenaLinn's
noisegate is pretty good. There are, however, ways to pad a hot output,
and visa
versa.  I think there was a device discussed on the list that did a back
and forth
instrument/line conversion for about $60.  That's one of the issues with
the
Repeater's effect loop.

Upon hearing all that you've said, I wonder if maybe the Electrix MoFX and
Filterfactory might be a better solution for what you're craving.  You can
probably
get the both of them used for a little more than a new AdrenaLinn.  I've
got the
MoFX and it's a nice little workhorse, lot's of knobs to tweak.  I know a
bunch of
people who swear by the Filterfactory.  Also, I forgot about the Electrix
Warpfactory.  Fine piece of loop mangeler, that one is.  (it's a vocoder)

You might also look into the Line6 Mod and Filter Pros.  The price went
way down on
those ($299), and I think they're set up for line level signals.  I can't
vouch for
them, but I read a lot of good reviews on Harmony Central.

good luck,

Mark Sottilaro