EDP delay mode?

Hi all,

I've got a Gibson EDP currently using loop 3 software.  I'm trying to set
it
to delay mode and having some issues.  I can set the loop/delay paramater
del easy enough... then get out of the paramater modes.. and when I try to
hit record twice to set delay time (ala the manual) the first hit gives me
three little circles on the display 0  0  0  and on the second hit the EDP
goes into a normal record mode.  What am I missing here?

Be gentle, I'm a newbie ;)  Thanks in advance,
Tom