Re:Looping a gimmick?

You have better luck then me;
Here when I try to explain the: "yes I play alone with musical machines"
there's
always someone with a big smile :'Yeah like Jean Michel Jarre
OUUUUUUUUUUUCH I
hate them wen they say that agAAAAAAIIIINN and AGGGGGGAIN    and let me
tell you
I HAAAAAAATE    JMJ's music  THIS IS HIDEOUS POMPOUS DRECK

Sorry M' Quitting smoking

Claude

PS: to respond to your parano I think they just don't know

> I had my first live performance that included looping last night.  It
>was with
a band heavily influenced by the Chicago post rock scene.   I  was talking
to a
fellow afterwards and he said it was like a mix of Bill Frisell and the
Chicago
scene. The thing is, I don't sound anything like Bill Frisell. Does
everyone who
loops guitar automatically sound like Bill Frisell?    I figured the guy
was
just trying to let me know he was down with the whole looping thing but it
got
me thinking.  Does anyone here  have problem with people thinking looping
is a
gimmick? Like it's just another effect pedal that can easily over used.
I've
always thought of loopers more as their own instruments rather then just an
effect pedal. Mark