Laptop Looping via MAX/MSP

Hi folks,

I just went to the 12K label's CD release show here in NYC. One the
peformers was a gtr player. He was processing via a MAX/Powerbook rig . It
was some very cool sounds. I'm also seeing a few other
folks using this prgram too. Does anyone else on the list use this? Can
you
only get the program from Cycling 74' direct as I have not seen it for
sale
here in NYC?

I also need a audio inferface but don't have a lot of money so I'm
thinking
of either the eMagic 2-6 or the Aardvark usb-3. Help please....

Thanks
Lou