RE: Reviewers/promotional copies

Funny, in the mid 90's, we were one of the first bands in my area (Tampa
Bay) to release albums on CD-r...each hand numbered and signed. Lots of
other bands looked disapprovingly like 'Oh, did you do that at
*home*???'. Well, with CD duplication then being around $2k for 1000
copies that might eventually be used as furniture in your house, we made
the right decision. And sold a hell of a lot of them, and got good
reviews from everyone we sent it to, including the major area
newspapers, who never mentioned that they were on CD-r.
Maybe you can't get that 'major distro deal, dude' with CD-rs, but
selling them at shows has paid our rent more than a few times.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com