Re: Mac G4 midi software question

> why a Mac?

One word - Reliability.

Before I switched to mac, I spent a number of years working with PC's,
and encountered so many problems with PC/Windows systems... Blue screen
of death, random strange problems.... I'd just had enough. I think the
problems with PC's lie with the sheer diversity of processors,
motherboards, cards, peripherals etc. etc. There are always driver
conflicts, software glitches and basic screw-ups with Microsoft's
bloated OS.

With Macs, there is just one producer of computers - Apple. They also
write (and do a very good job of it) the OS. It works. Sure they cost
more than a comparable PC, but at what price is reliability?

Whilst Mac systems are certainly not 100% problem free, I do have the
confidence to use them in live performances which I would never have
with a PC setup.

Thats my 0.2c :)

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com