SV: vst loop plugin

> not sure how many of you out there do any looping inside a
> computer, but i thought i'd ask anyway...

Not much yet, but looking into the future I can see myself playing gigs
with a rack mounted PC (or maybe a laptop) controlled by a midi floor
device. The fact that the looper is a VST plug-in is very cool, since
you can then use it with your favorite host application, on stage as
well as in the studio.

I would like all features to be fully controllable even when the host
application is running in recording mode. This would be the perfect
set-up to make live recordings of improvised loop music, as the host app
will be  recording at the same time (1) audio and the parameters
controlling the VST loop plug-in; (2) midi clock/tempo and (3) midi
controllers from the foot pedal board.

> with a vst effect, you can capture/record an audio stream for
> as long as you have memory available in your pc.

The interesting question IMHO is what happens after you have run out of
PC ram? Will the VST looper re-allocate memory? Will the oldest loop be
deleted to make room for another top layer? Or will the computer crash?

Cheers

Per
performance clip/collage at
http://www.boysen.se/kitchenensemble/tellus.html
(U need flash player - I'm playing the Milk Package ;-)