Re: [LOOP] moogerfooger delay

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Kirkland Mack wrote:

> I just got the moogerfooger delay the fellow was trying to sell on here
> and I must say, it makes a mighty fine looper for really short stuff.
> The cool part is, you can set the controls so that when you use the
> control pedal for the delay time, the full sweep of the pedal shifts the
> pitch by a half step, or a whole step, or any small interval you want.
> You "tune" it using the delay time knob on the pedal. Not only that, but
> you can flip the short/long switch and it goes up (or down) by an
> octave, like a multiply/divide function but with analog deliciousness.
> Running this into my DL-4, I now have a very simple, but awesome modular
> looping rig.

I got one of these when it came out, and would be distraught if it were
lost or stolen. With the pitch shift of the expression pedal controlled
delay, it's great for a whalesong kind of thing. I had an idea recently I
could use the same pitchshift with a vocoder output to add something of an
inflection quality to the vocoder output, should test that out soon.

Steve Burnett
Laccoon, Subscape Annex