Re: new vst loop plugin - testers needed

That sounds like really interesting creation, however from your
description
what you are creating is a "phrase sampler" as opposed to a looper.
Calling
it "Looper" is a bit of a misnomer.

The distinction is that a looper not only allows you to continuously play
back the loop, but also continuously record into the loop while it is
playing back at the same time. It really does loop all the time, whether
it
is overdubbing or just playing back, or doing any function at all really.

Phrase samplers record the audio as a sample, but then mainly focus on
ways
to trigger the sample or mix it with other samples. Phrase Samplers don't
have the capability to continuously record new material into a loop as
layers on top of the existing material, all in real time while the loop is
playing. Looping is achieved by retriggering the sample each time it plays
through to the end, which may not be a noticeable difference to the
listener, but is a huge architectural difference that has a big affect on
what types of features are easy to implement or not.

I'm not trying to knock what you are doing, because I do think it is
interesting. But I think it is important to get the terminology right if
you want to have credibility for what you are creating. It also helps for
setting expectations right among users. If you call it a "looper" then a
whole bunch of people will expect it to do a certain set of functions and
come away disappointed, meanwhile completely ignoring the main things it
actually does do.

kim