Re: fripp'n' tones etc.

--- Louie Angulo <laab2000us@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So far i have this configuration:
> Roland GP 100 guitar preamp-line 6 Echo pro-EDP-
> Gutiar Amp
> Roland GR33 synth-repeater- to P.A.
> This way i get clean synth loops apart from the EDP
> guitar ones.The cool thing about the GR33 is that it
> comes with distortion effects and The obvious thing is
> to put the cool stomp boxes after the Echo pro but
> like i said it starts getting noisy and the tone
> changes.

The problem with putting stomps after a preamp is that they're almost all
designed to work at instrument level and are expecting a high inpedence
device as
input. Your EchoPro is neither, so the sound will definitely suffer
because of
the impedence and level mismatch.

I'd put my stomps before the GP100 and get line level efx to go afterward.
I know
the EDP will use either level, not sure about the EchoPro (I'd expect line
level
only, but I don't know). The output of a preamp would normally be line
level.

Greg