Re: Stereo Mixers

I've seen a bunch of them out there.  When I was checking them out, there
would always be at least one on eBay:

http://cq-search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=mackie+LM*

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=mackie+LM*

Look at the price trend lately!

On the LM, the monitor bus is post-fader, so SOLO works really well as a
stereo "Looper Send".  It also allows one to send the main mix when no
SOLO
button is pressed.  I think that ALT 3/4 is also post-fader, plus there is
an "ALT 3/4 to Main" or "to RTN" (I can't remember which) button, so one
doesn't even have to do any tricky routing to get it to operate
essentially
the same as the monitor bus for a second, stereo "To Looper".  On other
Mackies, one could probably "Y" the Alt 3/4 L/R outs and return them to a
Stereo Channel (don't press ALT 3/4 on that channel) or Return for the
same
effect, although I'm sure some brainiac is going to remind us all why one
shouldn't "Y" the outputs at this point....

-Hans