Re: music by numbers

> I'd really like to hear recordings of some of the drumming you're
>  to. I find it very hard to conceptualize drumming where one drummer is
>  completely out of time with another.
>  -- Sarth

7977854">Tawe Pilakou</A>

well the CD I have is:-
Prophet 03 Papua New Guinea Philips 538714-2
Above is a link to an audio excerpt (courtesy Amazon).

If that excerpt goes from the start of the track
(I haven't been able to check) then you'll clearly
hear drummer 2 coming in with a similar, but not
related tempo.
Throughout the piece drummer 2 drifts about behind
the beat, but at the start there's a brief period where
the 2 tempi rub up against each other.