Re: strangness indeed

--- Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> question: does having all that mess in the back
> effect the sound i.e. long cables running over power
> chords etc?

Yes, it can. It's not so much the length of the cables
(although that can attenuate yer highs, as well as
being rack-spaghetti), but you will want to take care
to route your power-carrying cords so as not to be
interfering with your signal-carrying ones. The ol'
60hz hummmmmm, y'know? It would be simpler if all
manufacturers would standardize which side of the unit
they put the power cord on, but they don't.

I found it helpful to use velcro and cable clips on
the sides of my rack to keep things (sort of)
organized, although my gear-schlepping pendulum is
again swinging towards wanting a smaller, lighter
set-up, so the rack and pedalboard may be getting
dismantled soon in preparation for yet another
overhaul...

-t-