Re: strangness indeed

Michael K.

In a message dated 12/26/02 9:55:08 AM, Nemoguitt@aol.com writes:

>question: does having all that mess in the back effect the
>sound i.e. long cables running over power chords etc.?

IMHO (and in my experience) it does. Shorter connecting
wires and routing/bundling the audio away from proximity
to AC has helped me clean up my act. The back of my rack
looks like a mess at times -- especially right after I've
figured out some new configuration to try. But it always
sounds better a few weeks (or months) later when I tidy
it up again with cables of the proper length with power
cords and signal cables routed to opposite sides of the
rack (whenever possible). I even buy replacement connectors
for the "wall-warts" and shorten those leads too (whenever
possible) -- though that may be a little obsessive I admit.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html