non musical looping

sometime some one comes up with examples of loops in the non music
world - usually to justify why what he is saying is not OT :-)

Can you contribute to such a list?
It also helps to understand the two basic kinds of loops we are using:

** The Feedback loop as happen with tapes, EDP, Mayers and DTs
gear... where the output is fed back to the input and thus repeated.

- Urine therapy: drink you own urine! Seems to work, really
- BSE: Feed the cow with the parts of its ancestors you could not sell.
Bad.
- Money games: a filtered kind of FB, mostly nothing, sometimes a lot
comes back.
- The scolar education on a long scale (the pupils turn teachers)
- Life with sexual procreation
- Mantras if we consider the stimulation effect of the mantra on the singer

** The Sample loop done with Repeater, Jamman, most Software... which
is the repetition of the same thing, jumping back or circular:

- Oil wars, as recently brought up
- The scolar education on a short scale (the teacher repeats his program)
- Life with cloning
- Year, lunar month, day...
- Mantras, if we just think of execution

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org