MIDI control surfaces...

Hey folks, I just ordered an Echoplex w/pedalboard today!  I was wondering what make and model of MIDI control surfaces people are using with LoopIV to make the most use out of it, ala Andre LaFosse's glitch.mp3.

I have been looking at the Peavey PC1600X.  I figure if Squarepusher is using it live, then it's gotta be good.  It seems to be totally programmable, and to have quite a following on the net already (http://www.defectiverecords.com/pc1600/pc1600.html).  It's got two CV inputs, but there's a hack (albeit a dangerous-looking one) to add sixteen external controller inputs to the thing (http://www.music.columbia.edu/~douglas/pc1600mod/pc1600mod.html)!

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

-Jesse