Re: FC question w/ EDP

Hi Cara
(we're missing you at TLC)

>  Hey All, -couple of quickie questions...   First off, I'm assuming the
>  FCB 1010 is probably going to work out the best for use with the plex,
>but
>  I also have an FC-200 and was curious for feedback from anyone using
>either
>  of these to control the EDP.   -differences, -similarities, etc...

FC-200 has a wierd limitations on its Note-On function
(kind of a compulsory keyboard layout)

so no good for EDPing with Note-Ons

Maybe you could get it to work with CCs,
you'd have to program the "Note-Off" cc value on pedal
release, if that's possible.

I think the FC200 only does EITHER/OR for CC and progchange,
not both at once, but then I'm not sure.

I also thought maybe the FC200 only used one MIDI channel

...but I've only been through the manual in a music shop, so
only really remember that it soon became clear that it wasn't
worth considering over the FCB1010 (about 3x the price)

...as you have one already though!

please let us all know how you get on

>    Also, since the FCB doesn't seem to be able to generate separate midi
>  data streams upon a pedal press and then a release, how are sus
>functions
>  accomplished?

use Note-On/Off

essential for any EDP function that isn't a long press of the button

andy butler