Re: "hold" drone note/ infinite reverb?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:19:30PM -0500, Sorceror777@aol.com wrote:
> Would an infinite reverb achieve the
>"tinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmnnnnnnnnng"
> sound better than trying to get force a looper not to do "ting ting ting
>ting
> ting ting ting ting, etc"?
> Whats a good (sound/clarity wise) footswitch-controllable rackmount
>dedicated
> reverb unit that can perform this function for no more than $500?

        I occasionally use an old Digitech Pedalverb for something
similar to this. Though my useage is typical to put the pedalverb
before a distortion and delay, then to kick it on an in "infinite"
reverb mode for kind of a instant shoegazer sound. Of course, the
Pedalverb isn't exactly a high quality reverb, and they are hard to find.

        Some times I do the same with an Alesis Wedge though, but
just set it to a reverb, put it in edit mode, and slam the decay
time up to 60 seconds (or whatever the max is, I forget...). It's
midi controllable, so could probabaly do it fairly easily. They
are pretty cheap, sound decent to me, and show up on ebay alot.

        But then, neither of the above is rack mount. And neither
approach really sounds much like infinite extension of the note,
since it's the reverb that keeps going.

Adrian