more EDP woes

Hi all,

Upon the suggestion of Gary in SD, I tried reseating the loop 4 eproms.
This
got me passt the probelm of the EDP "hanging" on startup, but now when it
does start, it only shows 99 seconds of record time.  This is a Gibson
unit,
so it came with the full 16MB.  It used to read 198 seconds.  In fact it
did
on loop 3 and 4.. up until yesterday anyways.

I also just had it (on startup) get into an endless cycle of startup
graphics
(it would get to the end of all the "loop 4" graphics and then start the
whole cycle over again... and again.. and again.

I tried removing and reseating the RAM (in fact swapping slots).  With
just
two chips in the "0" slots it reads 50 seconds (still half what it should
be
with 2 4MB chips, right?).  This is sounding more like a software problem
than a hardware problem to me right now.

Is Gibson really the best (only?) place to send this.  When I've tried
asking
them about EDPs before they were pretty clueless (best info I got was
somebody reading the product info to me off their website).

Thanks in advance for any tips!
--Tom Griesgraber