EDP, NEXT LOOP

UGH

I am so frustrated with this function on loop 3, my lack of understanding is kicking my butt!

I use 2 EDP's

I set both to do 3 loops...

Whenever I toggle through and do anything, the two units are never synched up again once leaving the initial state they are in when both have their first loop rolling...

Anywhere I can read how to remedy this?

What I HOPE to achieve is an A/B/C type option of song phrasing... ON BOTH UNITS...

I want the units to stay in sync AT ALL TIMES so from the listeners perspective there is nothing to notice except good music?

If anyone can enlighten me or point me in the right direction... I would sincerely appreciate it.